Harlington Wine Limited and its subsidiary companies (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with all relevant legislation. We host a number of websites including this one. The websites may be corporate websites, or they may represent specific projects. All of the websites managed by the Harlington Wine group of companies are listed below.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), Harlington Wine Limited, Trailblazing Wine and Jerome Harlington, is each registered as a Data Controller. 19-21 High Street, #2, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1SH
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in a form on one of our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, becoming a member, posting material or requesting further services (as appropriate). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If we phone you to make you aware of a service we will keep a record of this call.
- If you make use of one of our services; for
exampleif you attend one of our events or workshops we will keep a record of your attendance and any feedback that you supply.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- If you respond to one of our surveys we will keep a record of your responses.
- If you read our email newsletters or browse our website we will collect information on the articles you read.
- If you sign up
toany of our products or services we may collect some specific information from you relating to the product or service.
Where we store your personal data
All the information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies. We work with a number of partners that share our strategic objectives. We may share your personal information with these partners. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us – see note below).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To undertake research and analysis; for
exampleto improve our products and services
We may also use your data, or permit selected partners to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing correspondence from us please write to the address below. Any electronic marketing communications from us including emails and e-newsletters will provide you with the opportunity to ‘un-subscribe’ from receiving the emails by clicking a link. The ‘unsubscribe’ may take up to four weeks to process during which time you may receive further communications.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
If you would like to see the information we hold about you please write to us at the address below enclosing payment of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Websites managed by the Harlington Wine Group of Companies: